Hootsuite

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Today Is The Day

One of the best things about today is that we now have a better point of reference, and maybe just maybe, we have a bit more understanding of what the heck was really going on yesterday, last week, last month or last year; if we are really fortunate and blessed, we will also get a better understanding of why!

(Isaiah 52:12) ….. For the LORD will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard.

Wow! God will cover His peoples back, and He will go into my tomorrow and lay out the way.

My Rear Guard, yesterday is not just passed, it is removed by God, and going before me He lays out a new day. The failures and sins of yesterday are often dragged into today poisoning the well of today as sure as that stinking dead rat inside the wall in my house, reminds me every day it is there. I can learn from the past, next time I will trap the rat instead of poison him. That's wisdom for today. Yesterday has a purpose in my life to teach me what I need to know today.

I wake up some mornings and today looks like crap, my attitude sucks and I don't feel good. No matter how good or bad yesterday was, God has removed it. As Chad and Jeremy sang "yesterday's gone". That's a very nice platitude to tell myself as I look at my ragged face in the mirror, but that alone won't cut it. I need to know about today, I need hope for today.

For the LORD will go before you.....
 Now we're talking, if God is ordering my today, how can I go wrong? Now I can look back and see a bit of what God was doing then. Like the stories we read our bibles, about the stubborn, stiff-necked and rebellious people that God used for His Grand Design. Even though we repeat the same things in our lives, we have the advantage of those 2,000 years to see all their mistakes and we are now far enough away to see what God was doing. So I can look back in my life and see what God was doing in my ten years ago past “today”.

The great thing about today is, it is all I truly have. I do not know for sure if I will walk out of this Starbucks alive. I don't know if I will make it home from here or to church tonight.
I also don't know if I won't meet someone that I can add value to their life or they to mine.

I do not know what divine plan God has in store for me. But then again, if I make it to tomorrow I can look back on today and see God's hand that I couldn't see in yesterday's today.

Hebrews 3:7
...TODAY, IF YOU WILL HEAR HIS VOICE
(what are the possibilities?)

No comments: