Hootsuite

Thursday, January 6, 2011

God's Poem

(Ephesians 2:10) For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

For means "because", this is the reason the previous thought happened, so looking backwards at what was just said in the second most famous scripture in all Christendom.

(Ephesians 2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I love this verse so much because it says that even though I am screwed up and have a myriad of issues and problems, I have God's undeserved blessing and favor, and that is the biggest understatement that was ever made in all of history. It had nothing to do with my strength, smarts or good looks.
 
Because we are His workmanship,
He showered and continues to shower us with Grace.

God the creator of heaven and earth not only provided the spark and the plan, He has you on His workbench in the garage, banging and clanging, poking and prodding until He gets you just right. Jeremiah18:6 says Look, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand,".
He's working with us till He gets us just right.
This is incredible, my only real responsibility is not resisting His Hand, letting myself be molded and giving in to His glorious blueprint for my life. Real grace is that I don't have to spin myself into an adequate vessel for His work. I don't have to worry and wear my fingers to the bone trying to toe some religiously rigid and invisible line. All I have to do is allow myself to be molded by His grace.

BECAUSE we are His workmanship.He showers us with Grace.

The Greek word for workmanship is poiemi. Looks familiar, doesn't it? The word poem easily comes to mind. Poiema means ""that which is made".
Made for what?
That query has haunted man since the garden. Mostly people that won't give in to His Hand are the ones that have the most trouble seeing it.
It's a problem of the will.
(John 7:17) If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority.

If anyone wills to do His will...If we will give ourselves to this process and yield in His Hand, we will not have to continually fight against the process of being broken and remade. We will not be relieved completely of the process of being broken and remade this side of heaven.

…..created in Christ Jesus unto good works.

We do not have to work out a plan for our lives, but only accept the plan which He has drawn up for us. This delivers us from fret and frenzy, and insures that our lives will be of maximum glory to Him, of most blessing to others, and of greatest reward to ourselves.
-From the Believers Bible Commentary

No comments: