Hootsuite

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ruffled Feathers

Be Ye Holy for I AM Holy Leviticus 19:2 Leviticus 11:44-45 Leviticus 20:7 1 Peter 1:15-16, is indelibly etched in my mind, and it is there in the Old King James Version, not the NLT, NSRV, NIV, nor even the Message, but the KJV. Somehow when I first got saved and decided to be a disciple of Christ, I heard  “Be Ye Holy for I AM Holy”, with a strong emphasis on the YE, not YOU, but YE. I heard it preached and thereby it became permanently and indelibly imprinted on my mind. It must have been that the first time I heard it, it stuck like an arrow in the thick goo of sin that was my old life, rusting away and infecting all the nasty little corners of my heart, soul and spirit. Well, I say, let it fester and putrefy in there with it’s holy corrosion and eat away at my sinful nature. Corrode in the dictionary means to eat away by degrees as if by gnawing;
            I think the more it ruffles our feathers the more those feathers are out of order. If the word “holy” beckons to you, good, if it terrifies you, stop running, fall down and surrender.

No comments: