Hootsuite

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Take the Chain Off he Door

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.-Jesus Christ in Revelation 3:20

A verse used extensively over the years to speak the heart of the Gospel and no doubt God's heart for people 'astray'. As a pastor, I have found nearly legion the numbers of people that can believe the truth of this verse BUT...

It takes faith to open the door, only a smidgen, and Christ didn't say how wide so I take it that a crack will do. 

My point to this being, I have seen the aforementioned legion able to believe and able to open the door, but unable to believe that Christ actually comes in to be with them in such friendly terms as a meal.

It may be that the previous four verses have left a dent in their heart, but truth often hurts, and more from those who love us most;
V15 you're lukewarm and I wish you would pick cold or hot
V16 I spue lukewarm water out of my mouth
V17 you think you need nothing, but are really wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked--
V18 buy from me gold refined in fire and eye salve so you can see.
V19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.

Therefore is there for us to see that, He tells us this in love and V20 means after all that He still wants to live with us.

The answer is not to believe in ourselves, but Him. Not merely His existence or who He is, but in His love for us, and out of that love He has a desire to hang out with us as a TRUE FRIEND would.

And yet, closer than any earthly friend. Believe is more than a nice platitude, it's a life altering choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KNOCKING

Someones knocking at your door
He's been standing there for years
Hoping that you'll let Him in
Fighting to control His tears
Because His love for you is vast
He died a dreadful death to give
A chance for you to choose a life
That was designed for you to live.

So look around you, what's so great
About the world you dwell within
Full of darkness, shame and hate
Submerged inside a pit of sin
He's the answer to your need
You'll be changed into a child
Who loves his brother, knows his fate
Cherished, loved and undefiled.

Unknown said...

He is the best friend anyone can and should have....Jesus is my best friend does not describe the depth of communion and passionate pure love that exists in my relationship with Him. "Taste and see that the Lord is good" If one could only taste the sweetness of His presence anytime or anywhere then I believe a person' s heart would be captivated as mine has been as I have grown to know Him. Indescribable joy and love await those who open the door and daily get to know Him.