Hootsuite

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why I Went To Church Today

Psalms 122:1 I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go into the house of the LORD."

It is more than right for me as a follower of Christ and it is more than good for me today. That is why I am glad to be in church with my friends this morning.

122:2 Our feet have been standing Within your gates, O Jerusalem!

Together we will stand be it triumph or trial.

122:3 Jerusalem is a well-built city; its seamless walls cannot be breached.

If together we stand with the Lord between us, what could then come against us that we could not stand against.

122:6 Pray for peace in Jerusalem. May all who love this city prosper.

The city today for me is this church I attend and am a part of. As the circle goes outward it embraces all whom I am a part of followed by the mystical Church of Christ His Bride.

Pray for that peace, and pray that all those connections prosper in that peace.

122:7 O Jerusalem, may there be peace within your walls and prosperity in your palaces.

It is inside these walls, built of my friends, that I find peace.

122:8 For the sake of my family and friends, I will say, "May you have peace."

For the sake of those that know you Lord, I will keep on, that they may keep on.

For the sake of those that do not yet know you, I will pray they find their peace in You.

122:9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek what is best for you, O Jerusalem.

For the sake of my local church, I will seek what is best for You My God.

The best for You Lord is the best for me.

That is why I went to church today.

No comments: