Hootsuite

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Searching for.....

Who is this High and Lofty One,
Whose warm, cold beauty speaks, from
lofty peak and setting sun?
Creation draws me from my slum.

Ever out of my own knowing,
Yet, still pursuing to be known;
Great Almighty Holy King,
Upon His head the highest crown.

Look I upon  Majestic art,
Walk the fiery stones with Him.
Reveal to me Your blazing heart,
And reach my life that’s yet so grim.

Looking to His Mountain,
Looking on His Sea,
Knowing never certain,
Yet, never ceasing Be.

Alas, I’m standing in this place,
Having seen His awful Gaze.
My heart does flood, full of Your Grace;
All God’s  love removes the haze.

Along this lonely road I go,
Ever upward trudging on.
Through this odd and warming snow,
Looking back at battles won.

Oh, so oft I failed and left,
Turned around and got it right,
But, ever always in His cleft,
Guarding me with His pure Light.

Searching for this Holy One,
Longing for one precious glance,
One mere hint of Blazing SON.
Perhaps, my soul stands half a chance.

Just a drop of His fresh rain,
From His ever seeing Eye,
Quick relieves my empty pain,
With,
Softest Flakes of His warm snow.